Click on the boxes below to see a listing of classes in each category:
- Sing, Rock and Roo - This music enrichment class will take the students on a musical journey through the decades starting with the 60′s and ending with today’s chart topping hits. Our young musicians will learn music history and get to know musicians from the past that shaped what music is today. Students will mimic rhythms, write their own lyrics and perform their new hits influenced by what they learn. Finally, they will perform today’s biggest hits in “GLEE” like sing alongs. We will SING, ROCK and ROO with the coolest music teacher in town!
- Preschool of Rock - (newborn to 4 y. old) – These fully interactive classes are performed live on guitar and drums. Families gain the ability to embrace the love and joy of creating music together. Our material and curriculum are sculpted to inspire an outlet for interactive singing, beat making, dramatic play and dancing to rhythms. Everyone is a performer in the class. We incorporate individual instruments and props for each child. We employ a wide variety of exciting tools to keep the class intriguing & fresh. Overall, this infectious energy inspires a musical bond between the child and caregiver that follows their path from the classroom into the home. http://www.preschoolofrock.org/ - for detailed description and registration. This is a Parent and me class (6 mos.-5 yrs.)
- Mini Mariachis - Mini MARIACHIS is an innovative foreign language and music class conducted in Spanish. Toddlers and their caregivers sing and dance along to English favorites in Spanish and learn traditional Spanish songs and nursery rhymes. In addition to mini MARIACHIS being a fun and exciting way to learn Spanish, there are also additional benefits. Learning another language is proven to enhance cognitive ability, gross motor skills, analytical reasoning, and creativity in young children. Your little one will gain tremendously from being in this class and will be ‘cantando en español’ in no time! Class is taught by maestra Talia Siscovick, an experienced teacher whose family is from Mexico. (Parent and me class for 18 months – 3 years) *No previous Spanish knowledge required
- Preschool of Rock DROP OFF music class – These fully interactive classes are performed live on guitar and drums. Children gain the ability to embrace the love and joy of creating music together. Our material and curriculum are sculpted to inspire an outlet for interactive singing, beat making, dramatic play and dancing to rhythms. Everyone is a performer in the class. We incorporate individual instruments and props for each child. We employ a wide variety of exciting tools to keep the class intriguing & fresh! 3 and 4 year olds – Drop off NO PARENT IN CLASS (This is part of our camp programming)
- WINTER – My 1st Ballet – (Drop off for 3 – 4 year olds) - This DROP – OFF pre-ballet class for children 3-4 years old introduces budding ballerinas and cavaliers to beginning steps and vocabulary in a positive and encouraging environment. This class emphasizes the development of flexibility, musicality, coordination, and movement quality. Leotard, tights, and ballet shoes are required for girls; boys should wear a t-shirt with shorts or sweatpants and ballet shoes. Long hair should be secured away from face and neck. My First Ballet is a drop off class, with a parent observation show during the final class meeting.
- WINTER – Creative Movement (Drop off class for 2.5 – 3.5 year olds) - This DROP – OFF movement class introduces budding ballerinas and cavaliers to beginning dance steps and vocabulary in a positive and encouraging environment. This class emphasizes the development of flexibility, musicality, coordination, and movement quality. Move into it!
- Toddler Tumble Time - (caregiver and me class crawling to early walkers) – This tumble-roo class explores the very beginning stages of gymnastics and movement. Parents and toddlers will be led through exciting and engaging warm up exercises and stretches to get the little ones ready to cruise around. This class will incorporate infant friendly songs, dances, and balance skills with added basic tumbling skills suitable for toddlers. This fun and creative class will certainly get your little roo tumbling!!
- My Second Ballet – (5 – 7 years old) – This ballet class for new and experienced dancers introduces young ones to ballet vocabulary, basic steps and combinations, while also developing coordination, musicality, and flexibility. Young dancers will be encouraged to develop their own movement quality in a creative and encouraging environment. Leotard, tights, and ballet shoes are required for girls; boys should wear a t-shirt with shorts or sweatpants and ballet shoes. Long hair should be secured away from face and neck. My Third Ballet is a drop off class, with a parent observation class during the final class meeting. Drop off – NO PARENT IN CLASS
- Once Upon a Rhyme – Creative Movement – This movement class for children 3-4 years old introduces budding ballerinas and cavaliers to beginning dance steps and vocabulary in a positive and encouraging environment. This class emphasizes the development of flexibility, musicality, coordination, and movement quality. Each class starts with a book which then turns into a movement story. Read, move and act into it! 3 and 4 year olds – Drop off NO PARENT IN CLASS
Come explore the world of art. From making scribbles to sculptures we will inspire your child’s creativity.
- Mini-Scribblers (18 months-3 years old) -We bring your toddlers 18 months-3 years an art class perfectly suited to their interests. We’ll be painting, drawing, creating collages, sculptures and even delving into some printmaking! They’ll be drawing with special crayons that glide on the page, using stamps big enough for feet and hands, watercolors that vividly demonstrate color-mixing, glue that’s easy to spread, fabric that’s soft and bright in color, scissors that are easier to hold…and the list goes on and on. Every material and project is carefully selected to complement the unique characteristics that define “toddlerhood”. Additionally, every toddler class includes an element of visual literacy (reading pictures) where we’ll look at artwork and talk about what we see.
- Pre-Scribblers (for pre-schoolers, 4′s and almost 4′s) - This class is perfectly suited for the child who’s not a toddler anymore but also is not quite ready for afterschool. We’ll explore all sorts of art materials much the same way we do in the Mini-Scribbler’s classes but this time without mommy, daddy, or babysitter. Collage, painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking with our artistic peers, oh my! We’ll even begin to introduce themes such as animals, our selves, objects, places, etc. We also incorporate our daily “art show” into this class where children display their work to their peers and discuss what they see. 3 and 4 year olds – Drop off NO PARENT IN CLASS
- WINTER – Scribble Art – Inventions & Machines - (school age) - This class will focus on building kinetic sculptures including mobiles, small toys as well as integrating sculpture with small motors! We’ll focus on encouraging innovative ideas and then work on realizing those concepts with concrete building methods….a great class for kids who are into robots, creatures, and machines! Now, they can create their own.
- WINTER – Scribble Art – Printmaking - (school age) - This class will include multiple forms of both traditional and non-traditional printmaking methods including block printing & silkscreening. We’ll be using our prints to create books, pieces of artwork, hand printed t-shirts and accessories!
Brain Games and Cooking
Brain Games and Cooking
- WINTER – Brain Games - (school age) - Want to have fun while you give your brain a workout? Join us for an exciting hour of games geared toward developing memory, critical thinking, visual perception, and word skills. This workshop is packed with excitement!
- WINTER – ToddlRoo Can Cook / Parent & Me Cooking (2.5 years old & up) - Your ToddleRoo and You will mix up a cup of math, a pinch of science, a gallon of art and a dash of listening skills while making a delicious recipe each class. In cooking class your ToddleRoo will mix up creativity while following directions and learning the basic of nutrition. Join us for some DELICIOUS fun!
- Cooking - Children whip up age-appropriate recipes while learning about measurement, numbers, colors and shapes along the way. Each class is taught with this age group in mind. From shakes to cupcakes your little chef will leave here full and happy! 3 and 4 year olds – Drop off – NO PARENT IN CLASS
These wonderful yoga classes will help increase your child’s endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination. It will also make you smile. There is nothing better than seeing your child “strike a pose” or show off their downward facing dog.
- Prenatal Yoga - This class is designed to help women adjust to changes in the body associated with each stage of pregnancy, preparing the body for labor and post-partum recovery. In a safe and open environment, we will incorporate childbirth education techniques with a focus on breath work (pranayama) and how the breath is linked to the mind, body and spirit, as well as asanas to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, improve circulation, aid digestion, increase flexibility of the spine and increase overall comfort during pregnancy.
- Postnatal Yoga – The postnatal class helps the postpartum woman to rebuild strength and flexibility that may have been lost during pregnancy and child birth. Classes focus on strengthening the core, back and pelvic muscles, releasing tension in the upper body through chest and shoulder opening exercises, and improving circulation to promote healing. This class will offer a forum by which to discuss common issues and concerns for the postpartum mother as well as addressing developing needs of the baby throughout the practice. (Babies 6 weeks to 6 months – All moms should have doctor’s approval before returning to exercise).
- Our Zumbatomics class is a ROCKING’, high-energy fitness-party with choreographed, kid-friendly routines that our “kidaroos” love to groove to. Packed with specially choreographed routines and the latest music, like hip-hop, reggarton and cumbia. Zumbatomics classes increase focus, self-confidence, boost metabolism and improve coordination.
- Adult Zumba with Marlene - Are you ready to party yourself into shape? That’s exactly what the Zumba® program is all about. It’s an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health. Zumba® Fitness – When participants see a Zumba class in action, they can’t wait to give it a try. Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. Before participants know it, they’re getting fit and their energy levels are soaring! There’s no other fitness class like a Zumba Fitness-Party. It’s easy to do, effective and totally exhilarating, often building a deep-rooted community among returning students. Zumba with Marlene is exhilarating, effective easy to-follow, Latin inspired, calorie burning, and cardiolicious. It’s a dance fitness party that is moving people of any age towards joy and health. No Dance experience needed! Just show up and you can sizzle your way into superb shape.